1 medium Cauliflower
1 yellow onion (thinly sliced)
2 Roma tomatoes (finely chopped)
1tbsp ginger-garlic paste
1 1/2tbsp Chicken masala powder
1/2tbsp Coriander powder
1tsp Chilli powder
1/2tsp Turmeric powder
1tsp Fennel seeds
1/2tsp Cumin seeds
1 Cinnamon stick (1")
3 Cloves (small)
3 cups Water
- Wash and separate the florets. Cook them in hot water for 3 mins along with salt. Drain'em and keep it aside.
- Heat oil in a skillet, add fennel seeds, cumin seeds, cinnamon and cloves and fry for a few secs.
- Add ginger-garlic paste and cook until raw smell disappears. Add turmeric powder and saute till the onions are slightly brown.
- Now add tomatoes and cook until its all mashed up completely.
- Add the chicken masala powder, coriander powder and chilli powder and cook for a couple of mins.
- Pour the water, mix well and cook for a min.
- When it starts boiling, add the cauliflower and cook in the masala until the florets are tender.
- Check salt for taste. Switch off and garnish with cilantro.
Serve hot with steamed rice or chapathi.