1 medium Cauliflower (florets separated)
1 Yellow onion (finely chopped)
1 cup green peas (thawed)
2 1/2 Roma tomatoes (chopped)
1tbsp ginger-garlic paste
1/4tsp Turmeric powder
2tsp Chilli powder
1tbsp Coriander powder
3/4tsp Garam masala powder
1tsp Cumin seeds
2 cups water
- In a skillet, heat oil and add cumin seeds, when it splutters, add onions along with salt and saute until tender.
- Add ginger-garlic paste and cook until raw smell disappears, followed by turmeric powder.
- Then add coriander powder, chilli powder and saute for a couple of mins.
- Now, add tomatoes and cook in a reduced flame with lid closed, until its completely mashed. (Stir once or twice to check if the masala is not burnt.)
- Pour the water with required salt and cook in a medium flame for a min.
- Then add the cauliflower florets and peas, mix well and cook with lid closed.
- Cook until they are tender and not mushy. Add the garam masala powder and simmer for another min. Also check salt for taste.
- Switch off and garnish with cilantro.
Serve hot with steamed rice/chapathi/poori/naan, you name it.