10 Pearl onions (red)
1 1/2 Tomato (chopped)
3 small green chilli (slit)
1 Bay leaf
1/4tsp Turmeric powder
1/2tsp Garam masala powder
1 pinch Sugar
- Heat oil in a pan, roast six of the pearl onions to golden brown.
- Now add the tomatoes and cook until completely mashed up.
- Cool the mixture and grind it finely and keep the masala aside.
- In another pan, heat oil, add bay leaf and the remaining pearl onions and roast'em to golden brown.
- Then add green chillies and fry for a min.
- Now add the ground masala along with turmeric powder, garam masala powder, sugar and salt, and cook for 2-3 mins.
- Check salt for taste and garnish with cilantro.
Serve hot with idli, dosa or chapathi.