8oz Mushroom (sliced)
1 green bell pepper (diced) (use any color)
1 Yellow onion (chopped)
2 Roma tomato (chopped)
2tsp Ginger-garlic paste
3 small green chilli (slit)
5-6 Curry leaves
1/4tsp Turmeric powder
1/2tbsp Chilli powder
1tbsp Coriander powder
1tsp Cumin seeds
1tbsp Water (optional)
- In a skillet, heat oil, add cumin seeds, saute it and add onions along with salt and saute until tender.
- Now, add ginger-garlic paste, green chillies and curry leaves and saute until raw smell disappears and curry leaves splutters.
- Then add tomatoes and cook till it gets completely mashed.
- Now add turmeric powder, chilli powder and coriander powder and cook for 2 mins.
- Add the mushrooms, mix well and cook with lid closed for 2-3 mins in a reduced flame.
- When the mushroom oozes out water, add bell pepper and cook until tender, not mushy.
- If the curry dries, sprinkle some water and cook. Check salt for taste.
- Switch off and garnish with cilantro.
Serve hot with steamed rice.