2 cup Urad dal
1 cup water
1/2 Yellow onion (chopped)
1tbsp ginger (minced)
1/2tbsp whole black peppercorns (crushed)
2tbsp Cilantro (chopped)
5-6 Curry leaves (chopped)
4 small green chilli (chopped)
Oil for deep frying
- Soak urad dal for 1 hr and drain the water.
- In a food processor or wet grinder, grind the urad dal along with the water to a fine but thick batter and transfer into a bowl.
- Now mix the set B ingredients and heat oil in a deep frying pan, but not smoking hot.
- With a ice-cream scooper, scoop the batter and drop it in the hot oil and deep fry'em.
- Flip the vada, fry both the sides and remove when it starts browning.
Serve hot with any chutney or ketchup.