1lb Lady's finger (thin round slices)
1/2 Yellow Onion (chopped)
5-6 Curry leaves
1tsp Cumin seeds
1/2tsp Mustard seeds
1/2tsp Urad dal
1 pinch Asafoetida
1/4tsp Turmeric powder
1tbsp Sambar powder
1tbsp grated coconut
- Heat oil in a skillet, add mustard seeds, when it pops, add urad dal, cumin seeds and asafoetida.
- Then add onions, curry leaves along with salt and saute until tender.
- Now add the turmeric powder and saute till it turns golden brown.
- Add the sliced lady's finger, mix well and cook until the stickiness is completely gone.
- Now add the sambar powder along with salt and saute for few mins.
- Finally add the grated coconut, mix well and switch off the flame.
Serve hot with steamed rice.