Butter paneer is one rich creamy dish you can prepare as a treat to yourself. This is definitely not the time to go low fat or no butter. This is a fool-proof recipe and tastes just like the one they serve at the restaurant. You can wow your spouse or your friends with this super rich and quite easy dish. Great for parties too. So go ahead and try it today. Here goes the recipe,
14 oz Paneer (bite-size pieces)
4 tbsp Butter
2 tsp Oil
1/2 cup Heavy Whipping Cream
1 cup ground Tomatoes
1 1/2 tsp Garlic paste
1 1/2 tsp Ginger paste
1 tsp Coriander powder
1 tsp Chili powder
1/2 tsp Paprika
1/2 tsp Garam masala
1 cup Water
- Heat oil in a deep pan at medium heat and then add butter. (This prevents butter from browning. Btw, i used only half the butter.)
- Now add the ginger and garlic paste and saute for a couple of mins.
- Once the raw smell disappears, add the tomatoes and cook until the oil separates for 4-5 mins.
- Then add the coriander powder, chili powder, paprika and garam masala along with salt and cook for a min.
- Now add the paneer pieces and mix well to coat completely.
- Then pour the water, mix well and cook for 5 mins with lid closed.
- Check salt for taste, lower the flame and add the cream.
- Let come to a boil and switch off.
- Garnish with cilantro and serve hot with naan or rotis.