Kale is not only the healthiest cruciferous vegetable, but also one of the most nutritious. It is rich in calcium and high in vitamins. The ruffled leaves naturally have a slight bitter and peppery taste to it. For the chips, the leaves are indianised with our spicy masala powders and baked to perfect crispness. You can't eat just one! So, go ahead and try it for yourself. Here goes the recipe,
1 bunch Organic Kale
1tbsp Olive Oil
1/2tsp Chaat masala powder
1/2tsp Red chilli powder
- Mix the olive oil, chaat masala and red chilli powder together and keep it aside.
- Line parchment paper on a baking sheet and preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Wash the Kale leaves and shake off the excess water.
- Tear the leaf into 2"-3" pieces and discard the thick stem.
- In a big bowl, place the torn leaves and drizzle the oil mixture over it.
- Gently scrub the leaves and make sure it is coated well with the oil mixture, then place the torn leaves on the baking sheet.
- Bake for 10-12 mins or until crispy. (I baked for 11 mins exactly.)
- Serve hot as a snack straight from the oven.