2 cups Oats (old fashioned)
1 cup Rava/Sooji
1/2 cup Whole wheat flour
3/4 cup Zucchini (grated)
1tsp Cumin seeds
2 green Chilli (chopped)
1/2tsp Ginger (minced)
4-5 Curry leaves
1tbsp Yogurt (plain)
3 1/2 cups Water
- Dry roast the oats and rava for 4-5 mins each separately and let it cool.
- Grind the cooled oats into a fine powder. (As fine as possible)
- Now, in a bowl mix together the ground oats, rava and whole wheat flour.
- Then add yogurt followed by water and mix well with your hands resulting, a lump-free batter.
- Heat oil in a pan, add cumin seeds, green chilli, ginger and curry leaves.
- Add the hot mixture into the batter, mix well and let rest for 20-25 mins.
- Finally add grated zucchini and salt, mix well and the batter is ready.
- Heat griddle/tawa, pour a ladle full of batter and spread evenly, making a round shape.
- Pour drops of oil at the sides and cook for 2-3 mins, flip it and cook for another 3 mins or until brown.
- Remove and serve hot with milaga podi/chutney.
- Unlike the dosa prepared with rice & urad dal, this dosa won't be crispy. You can still get browner dosa by cooking couple of mins more in the hot griddle.
- You can also use other grated vegetables like carrot, cucumber, beets along with chopped onions.