I would also call it as 'The Green Rice'.
1/2 cup White Basmati rice
1/4 cup Brown Basmati Rice
1 cup Zucchini (grated)
1/2 Green Bell Pepper (thinly sliced)
2 Green onions (chopped)
1/2 Yellow onion (diced)
1/2tsp Garam masala powder
2tsp Sambal Chilli sauce (optional)
1tsp Cumin seeds
1 Bay leaf
1 piece Cinnamon
2 Dry Red chilli (broken)
1 Black Cardamom
1 1/2 cups Water
1tbsp + 1tsp Oil
- Soak the basmati rice for 30 mins, pressure cook along with water, salt and 1tsp oil, fluff with a fork and keep aside.
- Heat remaining oil in a skillet, add cumin seeds through cardamom.
- Add onions along with salt and saute until tender.
- Then add bell pepper and half of the chopped green onions, saute for a couple of mins.
- When the onions turn slightly brown, add zucchini and saute well for 4-5 mins.
- Then add garam masala powder and cook for a min.
- Add chilli sauce and cook for another min.
- Now toss the cooked rice into the skillet and mix gently.
- Check salt for taste and cook in low flame for a min. (You can also add freshly ground black pepper.)
- Switch off and garnish with remaining green onions and chopped cilantro.
Serve with hot sauce and raita.