2 cups Soya chunks
2tsp Chicken Curry powder
1/2tsp Turmeric powder
1 Yellow onion (thinly sliced)
2 Roma Tomato (chopped)
3 Garlic pods (minced)
1tsp Ginger (minced)
3 green Chili (chopped)
5-6 Curry leaves
1tsp Chicken Curry powder
1tsp Chilli powder
1tsp Cumin seeds
1/2tsp Black Cumin seeds (optional)
3 small Cloves
1 Cinnamon stick(1/2")
2 green Cardamom
1 cup Water
- Soak the soya chunks in hot water and let stand for 15-20 mins.Then, drain the water also squeezing the soya for excess water.
- Cut the soya into bite-size pieces and marinate'em with the chicken curry powder, turmeric powder and salt for 15 mins.
- Heat oil in a skillet, add cumin seeds through cardamom.
- Then add onions along with salt and saute until tender.
- Add ginger, garlic and green chillies and saute until the raw smell disappears.
- Add tomatoes and cook until mashed up completely. Add chilli powder and cook for a min.
- Add the marinated soya, mix well and saute for 2 mins.
- Pour the water and cook with lid closed in a medium-low flame for 5 mins.
- Remove the lid and cook until water is all evaporated. Add curry leaves and cook for 2 mins or until the soya starts browning.
- Switch off, garnish with chopped cilantro.
Serve hot with sambar rice.