1 small Cauliflower florets
1/2 Red onion (chopped)
1 long green chilli (chopped)
5-6 Curry leaves
3 dry red chilli
1/2tsp Mustard seeds
1tsp Urad dal
1 1/2tsp Chana dal
1 pinch Asafoetida
1/2tsp Garam masala powder (optional)
2 garlic pods
1tsp Cumin seeds
1/2tsp Black pepper (whole)
- Boil the cauliflower florets along with salt and drain the water.
- Also coarse grind the garlic, cumin seeds and pepper and keep aside.
- Heat oil in a skillet, add dry red chillies, followed by mustard seeds, when it splutters, add chana dal and fry for 30secs, then add urad dal.
- Add asafoetida and the ground garlic-cumin-pepper and saute for a min.
- Then add onions, green chilli and curry leaves along with salt and saute until tender.
- Now toss the boiled florets into the skillet and cook for a min.
- Add the garam masala powder, mix well and cook for another min.
- Finally, switch off and garnish with cilantro.
Serve hot with sambar rice.