3/4 cup Basmati Rice (cooked)
6oz Button mushrooms (thinly sliced)
1 Yellow onion (diced)
3/4 cup Green bell pepper (finely diced)
3/4 cup Carrot (finely chopped)
1 green Chilli (finely chopped)
3 Garlic pods (minced)
1tsp Ginger (minced)
2 Scallions (finely chopped)
1 1/2tsp Soya sauce
1tsp White Vinegar
1tbsp Chilli Garlic sauce
1 Egg (optional)
1/2tsp Cumin seeds
2 small Cloves
1 Cinnamon stick (1/2")
- Heat oil in a skillet, add cumin seeds, cloves and cinnamon.
- Then add ginger and garlic and saute until raw smell disappears.
- Now add carrot and cook for 3-4 mins, stirring continuously.
- Add onions, scallions and green chilli and saute until tender.
- Add bell peppers and cook for another min.
- Add mushrooms along with little salt and cook in a medium flame until tender.
- Then add soya sauce, vinegar and chilli garlic sauce and mix well.
- Move the vegetables aside, carefully break an egg and scramble it.
- Now toss the cooked rice into the skillet, also add salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste.
- Reduce the flame and keep stirring until rice gets the heat.
- Switch off and garnish with the remaining scallions and chopped cilantro.
Serve with hot sauce and a curry.