Falooda is a dessert drink infused with rose flavor that is refreshing with sweet surprises in every sip. The drink is prepared by layering and it looks like a floating ice-cream sundae. I have used vanilla ice-cream here, alternatively you can use kulfi or kesar ice-cream for a richer tasting falooda. You can find all the ingredients at the Indian store.
When you crave something icy-cold to beat the heat, this is the drink for you. This summer perfect rose scented drink is hard to resist, so go ahead make yourself one and stay cool. And here goes the recipe,
2 cups Milk
5 tbsp Rose Syrup
2-4 tsp Sugar (to taste)
1/2 tsp Basil seeds (Takmaria)
1 pinch Cardamom powder
1/2 cup Vanilla Ice cream
2 cups Water
1 handful Falooda sev
2 tsp chopped Pistachios
2 scoops Vanilla Ice cream (divided)
- Soak the basil seeds in water for a minimum of 1 hr. (I soaked for 6 hrs)
- Heat the water in a sauce pan and let it boil.
- Cook the falooda sev for 3-5 mins and strain the liquid.
- Boil the 2 cups of milk at medium heat.
- Switch off and add cardamom powder, sugar and rose syrup.
- Now add the strained falooda sev to the milk and refrigerate the milk mixture for 3 hrs.
- Add the soaked basil seeds to the chilled milk mixture along with 1/2 cup vanilla ice cream and mix well.
- In a tall glass, place 1 scoop vanilla ice cream and pour the chilled milk mixture.
- Garnish with the chopped pistachios and serve.