A perfect roast as a side for sambar rice. Sweet potatoes are very healthy and if you don't like to eat just boiled like back at home, prepare this roast for weekday lunches and you will be hooked for sure. With our variety of spices, you never have to eat anything bland. These days sweet potatoes are a staple at my home. And here goes the recipe,
2 medium Sweet Potatoes
1 medium Red Onion (finely chopped)
6-8 Green Chili (slit)
3 Garlic pods
1/2 tsp Cumin seeds
1 tbsp Urad dal
3 dry red chili
1/2 tsp Mustard seeds
1/2 tsp Turmeric powder
2 tsp Chili powder/Sambar powder
1 tbsp Oil
- Boil the sweet potatoes and chop'em to bite size pieces with or without skin. Crush the garlic and cumin seeds.
- Heat oil in a skillet, add mustard seeds, dry red chili and urad dal.
- Add the onions and green chili, saute for a min and now add the crushed garlic-cumin seeds.
- Add the turmeric powder and sambar powder, mix well.
- Add the sweet potatoes along with salt and cook for 5 mins in a medium heat. (Don't salt'em as you would for white/red potatoes, use sparingly.)
- Switch off and garnish with cilantro.