2 cups Raw rice
8tbsp Urad dal
1/2 tsp fenugreek seeds
1 cup grated coconut
1/2 cup cooked rice
- In a bowl, soak rice, urad dal and fenugreek seeds for 4 hours.
- Grind them in mixer or grinder or blender along with coconut and cooked rice.
- Add sufficient water and make a fine paste.
- Transfer the batter into a container and add sugar, salt and yogurt.
- Now wash the grinder/blender with 2 cups water and pour it in a sauce pan.
- Cook the washed water in the stove, stirring continuously and switch off when it turns semi-solid like yogurt.
- Let it cool and mix it with the batter.
- Now place the container inside the convection oven overnight with oven light on and ferment it.
- Next morning, you can see small bubbles all over the batter that shows the batter is fermented well. It won't rise or doubles like dosa batter.
- In a non-flat bottomed deep pan, pour a big spoonful of batter, lift the pan and tilt in a circular motion so that the corners are thin and center is thick.
- Add a tsp oil around and cook with lid closed. Cook on one side only, do not flip it.
- Also try this floral aapam by tilting the pan with batter in front and back, left and right, and cross up and down.
- Remove it from the pan and serve hot.
Wanna bite? Try this spongy Aapam today.