2 Cups Raw rice
2 Cups Parboiled rice
1 Cup Urad dal
1/2tsp Fenugreek seeds
1tsp Tapioca (Sabudana)
1 handful Poha
- In a bowl soak the rice(both), fenugreek seeds, tapioca and poha together.
- In another bowl soak the Urad dal. Soak them for 6-7 hrs.
- Now grind the urad dal in the wet grinder or blender along with water and make a fine paste.
- Transfer into a container and grind the rice mixture along with water and make a paste.
- Now mix both the paste with salt and allow it to ferment overnight.
- Place the batter container inside the oven and switch on the oven light. It gives ample warmth and helps better fermentation. Your dosa batter is ready the next morning.
- Heat a tawa or griddle, pour a big spoonful of batter and level it making a round shape.
- Cook it for a min and flip it over. Let cook both sides. Add drops of oil around the dosa while cooking.