1 Cup Grated Coconut
3 green chillies (chopped)
2 Garlic cloves (chopped)
1 small piece Ginger (chopped)
1 small piece Tamarind
1tsp Mustard seeds
1tsp Urad Dal
1tsp Cumin seeds
3 Dry Red Chilli (broken)
5-6 Curry Leaves
Pinch of Asafoetida
- Grind the green chillies, tamarind, ginger and garlic along with salt
- Now add the coconut, water and make a paste.
- Adjust the salt to taste.
- Now heat oil in a pan, add mustard seeds and urad dal.
- When mustard seeds crackle, add cumin seeds.
- Now add red chilli and asafoetida and fry.
- Finally add curry leaves and pour the tadka into the ground mixture.