4 cups 2% Milk
1/4 cup Yogurt (store bought)
- Microwave the milk in oven safe bowl for 6 mins. Cooking time may vary depending on the watts of your microwave oven.
Or You can also bring the milk to a boil in the kitchen stove.
- When the milk is lukewarm, add the yogurt bought from Indian store.
- Its better to insert a clean finger inside the milk to find the warmth before adding the yogurt.
- Stir the milk and keep it inside the convection oven with oven light on.
- Keep it overnight.
Home-made curd is set.
During winter times, its really tough to set the curd,
- You can place the milk bowl overnight inside the convection oven with oven light on.
- If you don't have oven light, place the milk bowl in the convection oven and bake at 400 degrees for 2 mins, and let the bowl stay in the warmth overnight.
As Curd is a staple in Indian homes, many buy yogurt from stores as the curd doesn't set well during cold weather. Now you can try it at home.