Crackers! who wouldn't love a snack that is crunchy and flavorful accompanying their coffee? These are small bites ready to eat straight from the oven. The kitchen is filled with the aroma of rosemary that was so tempting, while baking. I found these munchies from Gaythri's Cook Spot, the ingredients made me to bake'em right away. Thanks to her, the crackers are irresistible and just 4 or 5 kept me full. I halved the sesame seeds from the original recipe, the amount of salt was not mentioned in her recipe, so you can increase or decrease to your taste. Other than that, i pretty much followed every line of it. So, have fun baking these li'l bites. And here it goes,
2 1/2 cups Whole Wheat flour
1tsp Instant Active Yeast
2tbsp Olive oil, divided
1/2tsp dried Rosemary or any herb
1tbs White Sesame seeds
1tsp Salt or acc to taste
1 cup Water
- Mix the dry ingredients together: Flour, yeast, dried rosemary, sesame seeds, sugar and salt.
- Now pour the water and 1tbsp oil to the dry mixture and start kneading.
- Transfer the dough on to a flat surface and knead for 8-10 mins, resulting a soft and non-sticky dough.
- Coat enough oil in a bowl, place the kneaded dough and coat oil all over it. Then wrap'em and let sit in a warm place for 1 1/2 hrs.
- Then dump the risen dough on a flat surface and punch to remove the air and knead for couple of mins.
- Divide the dough into 4 equal portions and start working with one at a time.
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees.
- Cover a baking sheet with a aluminum foil (for easy cleaning) and keep it aside.
- Roll the dough flat with a rolling pin, fold it into half, then fold one side to the center, followed by the other side overlapping the previous.
- Now roll it flat again and cut into desired shapes using a pizza cutter or knife.
- Place the shapes on the baking sheet and prick'em with a fork to stop forming air pockets while baking.
- Bake for 10 mins, remove the tray, flip the biscuits and bake'em for another 10 mins, until golden brown.
- Cool completely on a wire rack before storing in a container.
- Serve as a snack with coffee or tea.