This is it!!! Once you taste this bread, you will never buy store bought white bread. The bread's crust is a bit chewy and the inside is very soft and airy. This bread is slightly sweet than your normal sandwich bread. But you can easily reduce the sugar and even replace half of white flour with whole wheat flour and make it a bit healthier. Those who are making breads at home surely knows how therapeutic and heavenly it is. It is a keeper for sure. And here goes the recipe,
3 cups All Purpose Flour (Maida) + more for dusting
1 cup Luke warm water
1/3 cup White Sugar
2 1/4tsp Active Dry Yeast
2tbsp Canola Oil
1 Egg white, for brushing
- Grease a 9"x5" loaf pan and keep it aside.
- Dissolve the sugar and yeast in the warm water and let sit for 10 mins or until foamy.
- In another bowl with flour, add salt, mix well and pour the oil.
- Now pour the yeast mixture into the flour and knead until the dough comes together.
- Transfer it on to a floured flat surface and knead with our palms for 8-10 mins or until dough is soft.
- Place the kneaded dough in an oiled bowl and let rest for an hour to rise in a warm place.
- Punch down the air and knead the dough few secs. Now place the dough inside the loaf pan and gently press to shapen into a rectangle to fit the pan.
- Let rest in a warm place for another 45 mins-1 hour or until the dough has risen 1 inch above the pan.
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees and brush the top of the risen dough with beaten egg white.
- Bake the bread for 30 mins, until golden brown on top.
- Cool it completely on a wire cooling rack before storing.
- Slice it warm, slather with butter or jam and serve for breakfast.