A marble cake is a cake with a streaked appearance like marble, prepared by swirling chocolate batter into vanilla batter. Every bite is so light, moist and oozing chocolate goodness, which goes perfectly with a cup of hot coffee. So go ahead and try this cake, you will not be disappointed. Thanks to Roxana for this wonderful recipe. Here goes the recipe,
1 2/3 cups All purpose flour
1/4 cup unsweetened Cocoa powder
1 1/4 cup Sugar
5 Eggs, separated
1/4 cup Canola Oil
1 tsp Baking powder
1 tsp Vanilla extract
1 pinch Salt
3-4 tbsp Water
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees. Grease a 9x5 loaf pan and keep aside.
- Separate the egg whites into stand mixer bowl and egg yolks into a small bowl.
- Sift the flour along with baking powder and keep aside.
- In a small bowl, add the cocoa powder and water, mix until smooth.
- Fit the stand mixer and beat the egg whites along with a pinch of salt at medium speed until soft peaks form.
- Slowly add the sugar and beat until stiff peaks form.
- Beat the egg yolks along with the canola oil and vanilla extract.
- Now gently fold the egg yolks mixture to the egg whites mixture.
- Once it is completely incorporated, add the flour mixture little at a time to the egg mixture making sure not to deflate the beaten egg whites.
- Then add the cocoa into the prepared batter and mix gently making swirls.
- Pour the swirled batter into the greased pan and bake for 45-50 mins.
- Cool the baked loaf cake completely on a cooling rack before slicing.
- Serve the slice drizzled with good old chocolate syrup.