I buy these jumbo dates at Costco, which are plump, moist and absolutely divine. It is super sweet even for a sweet tooth like me. Most of the time i just stare at the box and thinking how to eat'em all. Now this recipe comes handy which makes a guilt-free goodness in every bite, making it a great dessert or even a go-to snack. The nuts adds a great deal of good fats and satisfying crunch. Feel free to fancy any your favorite nuts and dried fruits. Next time i am planning to add pistachios and dried figs to make it a richer roll. And here goes the recipe,
3/4 cup Dates (finely chopped)
1/4 cup raw Walnuts (finely chopped)
1/4 cup raw Almonds (finely chopped)
1/4 cup raw Cashews (finely chopped)
1 tbsp Ghee (clarified butter)
- Dry roast the chopped nuts together and keep aside. (You can roast the nuts whole and then chop'em.)
- In a skillet, heat ghee and add the dates. Cook until it comes together for 3-5 mins at medium-low heat.
- Now add the lightly roasted nuts and mix well. Continue cooking the nut-date mixture for a couple more mins. (The nuts may look a lot, but the dates can take it all so don't be alarmed.)
- Transfer the mixture on to a greased plate and let cool for 10 mins.
- Now gently press'em to form a cylindrical roll and tightly wrap it with plastic.
- Refrigerate the roll for 3 hrs. Cut into 1/4 inch rounds and serve.
- Store in an airtight container and refrigerate it.