1 ripe Mango (I used 1 sour mango,pic shows 2)
2 green chilli (chopped)
1/2 cup grated Coconut
1tsp Cumin seeds
1 cup plain Yogurt (beaten)
1/2tsp Mustard seeds
1 Pinch Fenugreek seeds
2 dry red chilli (broken)
4-5 Curry leaves
1 Pinch Asafoetida (missing in pic)
- Wash and peel the skin of the mango. Separate the mango pulp from the seed and dice them.
- Heat a sauce pan, add the mango chunks and pour water so as to immerse'em.
- Add green chillies, turmeric powder and chilli powder and cook until the mango chunks are mashable.
- Meanwhile, finely grind the coconut and cumin seeds along with 1tbsp water and keep it aside.
- Now add the ground coconut to the mango gravy and cook until raw smell disappears, in a medium flame.
- Reduce the flame to low and cook for couple more mins.
- Then switch off, pour the beaten yogurt and mix well
- Finally add the tadka.(Tadka: Heat oil in a pan, add mustard seeds, when it splutters, add asafoetida, curry leaves, dry red chilli and fenugreek seeds. Transfer'em to the gravy.)
Serve hot over steamed rice.