2 Russet potato
1 Yellow onion (chopped)
1 Serrano pepper (chopped)
4-5 Curry leaves
2tsp grated Coconut
1/2tsp Mustard seeds
1/2tsp Urad dal
1tsp Cumin seeds
1tsp Chana dal
3 dry red chilli
1 pinch Asafoetida
- Wash, boil and peel the skin of the potato, mash'em and keep it aside.
- Heat oil in a skillet, add mustard seeds, dry red chilli, when mustard seed splutters, add cumin seeds, chana dal, asafoetida and urad dal.
- Then add onions and saute for a couple of mins along with salt.
- Add green chilli and curry leaves and saute until the onions are tender. Do not brown'em.
- Now add the mashed potatoes, mix well and cook for a min. Add salt as required.
- Reduce the flame, add the grated coconut and mix well.
Serve hot with sambar rice.