1/2 cup Wheat flour
1/2 up All purpose flour (maida)
Oil (for deep frying)
- In a bowl mix together the flours along with salt and knead slowly adding the water. (Careful not to add more water, resulting sticky dough.)
- Knead the dough for 2 mins and place it on a flat surface.
- Place the dough on a flat surface and start beating with the rolling pin, this way the poori will be soft and puffy. (Ofcourse, its a tension reliever and no strain for your palm and fingers.)
- Divide the dough into small lime-size balls and smoothen it.
- Place each dough ball on a flour dusted flat surface and flatten it with a rolling pin.
- Heat oil in deep pan and carefully slide the rolled-out dough and deep fry'em.
- When poori is puffed one side, flip it over and fry the other side.
- Transfer and place it on a paper towel to absorb excess oil.
Serve hot with mashed potato curry.
You can also use 1 cup of either wheat flour or all purpose flour.