1/2 medium Cabbage
2tbsp Chana dal
3 green chilli (finely chopped)
1tsp Chilli powder
1tsp Besan flour
1/2tsp Kala jeera (Black Cumin seeds)
Oil (for deep frying)
- Finely mince the cabbage. (Yep, its a little pain.)
- Microwave cook chana dal for 7-8 mins or until 3/4th done.
- Heat water in a skillet, add the cabbage and cooked chana dal and cook with lid closed until both are completely done.
- Strain and squeeze out the water from the cooked cabbage and chana dal in a colander and store the liquid. (Use potato smasher to squeeze out the liquid and if needed, use paper towel to remove the excess moisture.)
- In a bowl mix together the cabbage-chana dal, kala jeera, green chilli, chilli powder and besan flour along with required salt.
- Now make small dumplings by holding and pressing the mixture.
- Heat oil and carefully drop the dumplings in hot oil (not smoking hot) and deep fry'em.
- Transfer the koftas to the plate with paper towel to absorb excess oil.
1 Yellow onion (chopped)
1 1/2tsp ginger-garlic paste
1 cup plain Yogurt (beaten)
1/4tsp Turmeric powder
1tsp Chilli powder
1 1/2tsp Coriander powder
1tsp Cumin powder
1/2tsp Kala jeera
1/2tsp Crushed mint leaves (dried)
- Heat oil in a skillet, add kala jeera, followed by onion along with salt.
- Saute for 2-3 mins, add turmeric powder and saute until tender.
- Now add ginger-garlic paste and cook until raw smell disappears.
- Saute the onion until brown, then add the squeezed liquid and cook for a min.
- Now add the chilli powder, coriander powder and cumin powder and cook for another min.
- Pour the beaten yogurt, along with water and salt and let it boil.
- When the curry starts to thicken, add the dried mint leaves and cook for a min more.
- Then reduce the flame, add the deep fried koftas into the curry and gently toss it.
- After a min, switch off and garnish with cilantro.
Serve hot with steamed rice or pulao.