3/4 lb Paneer (12oz)
2tbsp plain Yogurt
1tbsp grated Ginger
1 1/2tsp Coriander Powder
1tsp Chilli powder
- In a bowl, mix together the paneer with yogurt, ginger, coriander powder, chilli powder and salt.
- Let it marinate for an hour in the refrigerator.
- Heat a skillet with oil coated evenly and fry the marinated paneer for a min on each side or until brown.
- Transfer'em to a plate and keep it aside.
6 Roma Tomatoes
3 green chilli
2tsp Coriander powder
1/4tsp Turmeric powder
1/2tsp Garam masala powder
1/2tsp Cumin seeds
2 Bay leaves
1 1/2tbsp plain Yogurt
- Puree the tomatoes and green chilli together and keep aside.
- Heat oil in the same skillet, add cumin seeds, when it splutters, add asafoetida and bay leaves.
- Now pour the tomato-green chilli puree and cook until raw smell disappears.
- Then add coriander powder, paprika (gives nice color & flavor), turmeric powder, sugar and required salt and cook for 3-4 mins.
- When the masala is all cooked, add yogurt, stir well and cook until the gravy thickens.
- When you get the desired consistency, add the fried paneer pieces, mix well and cook in a medium-low flame for couple of mins.
- Now add the garam masala powder and cook for another min.
- Check salt for taste, switch off and garnish with cilantro.
Serve hot with chapathi or naan or pulao.
Sending this dish to " Letz Relishh – Paneer" hosted by Jay.