3/4 cup Basmati Rice
3/4 cup grated Carrot
1/2 Yellow onion (chopped)
2 green Chilli (slit)
4-5 Curry leaves
1/4tsp Turmeric powder
1/2tsp Chilli powder
1/4tsp Garam masala powder
1/2tsp Mustard seeds
1/2tsp Cumin seeds
1 Bay leaf
- Cook the basmati rice and keep aside.
- Heat oil in a skillet, add mustard seeds, when it splutters, add cumin seeds and bay leaf.
- Then add the onions and green chilli along with salt and cook until tender.
- Add the grated carrot and curry leaves and saute for 4-5 mins.
- Now add the turmeric powder, chilli powder and garam masala powder along with required salt and cook for 2 mins.
- Reduce the flame and gently toss the cooked rice with the mixture.
- With lid closed, cook for another min.
- Switch off and garnish with cilantro.
Serve warm with potato chips.