1 1/2 cup Rava (sooji)
1 cup All purpose flour (maida)
1 cup Sugar
1 cup milk
1 cup water (warm)
1 1/2tbsp grated Coconut
1tsp Cardamom extract
- Add the rava in the warm water and let it sit for 10-15 mins.
- Break an egg and beat it well along with the milk and keep aside.
- Prepare the batter by mixing together the flour, sugar,, the soaked rava and the beaten egg. (Texture like thick dosa batter)
- Now add the cardamom extract (you can also use freshly powdered cardamom) and the grated coconut.
- Heat the paniyaram kadai in a medium flame, grease with drops of oil and pour the batter filling 3/4th of each well of the kadai.
- When the bottom turns brown, carefully flip it over with a skewer or spoon and cook it for a couple of mins.
- Remove and place'em on a paper towel. Do not cover'em with any lid.
- Top it with grated coconut and serve hot with tea or coffee.
Sending this dish to the event ' Tea time snack', hosted by Sharmi.