1 Russet Potato
1 Yellow onion (thinly sliced)
1 1/2tsp ginger-garlic paste
1tbsp Roasted Chana Dal
1 Serrano pepper (chopped)
4-5 Curry leaves
1/4tsp Turmeric powder
1tsp Fennel seeds
1 Cinnamon stick (small)
3 cups Water
- Wash and boil the potato, peel the skin and smash it.
- Grind together the roasted chana dal and green chilli and keep aside.
- Heat oil in a skillet, add fennel seeds, cinnamon followed by onions along with salt.
- Saute for a couple of mins and add turmeric powder.
- Now add ginger-garlic paste and curry leaves and cook until raw smell disappears.
- When the onions are tender, add the ground roasted chana dal-green chilli mixture and saute for a min.
- Then add the smashed potato, mix well and saute for another min.
- Pour the water, along with salt and let it cook until right consistency.
- Check salt for taste and garnish it with cilantro.
Serve hot with poori or chapathi.