1 Cauliflower (small)
1 1/2 Potatoes
1 piece Ginger (1")
3 green chilli (slit)
5-6 Curry leaves (optional)
2tsp Coriander powder
1 1/2tsp Chilli powder
1/4tsp Turmeric powder
1/2tsp Amchur powder
1/2tsp Cumin seeds
2 green Cardamom (small)
1 Bay leaf
1 cup Water
- Wash the florets and half cook'em in water along with salt for 4-5 mins and keep aside.
- Wash, half-cook and cube the potatoes and keep it aside.
- In a bowl mix together the coriander powder, chilli powder and turmeric powder along with 3/4 cup of water and keep aside.
- In a skillet, heat oil, add cumin seeds, cardamom and bay leaf.
- Then add minced ginger and green chilli and saute for a min.
- Now pour the masala powder-water mix and cook for couple of mins.
- Add the cauliflower florets, potatoes, mix well and cook with lid closed.
- Cook for 8-10 mins in a medium flame along with required salt, stirring every 3 mins to avoid burning at the bottom. (Pour the remaining water if the potatoes starts sticking.)
- Add the amchur powder, mix well and cook for another couple mins.
- Now reduce the flame, add curry leaves and cook until the water is all evaporated. (Check salt for taste.)
- Finally switch off and garnish with cilantro.
Serve hot with any Indian bread.
This dish goes to the event, Dish Name Starts With: A - for the August Month, hosted by Akila