80z Sliced Mushroom
1 yellow onion (chopped)
2 tomatoes (chopped)
1tbsp ginger-garlic paste
1/4tsp Turmeric powder
1 1/2tbsp Chilli powder
2tbsp Coriander powder
1/2tsp Garam masala powder
5 Curry leaves (optional)
1tsp Cumin seeds
1tsp Fennel seeds
1 inch Cinnamon stick
- In a skillet, heat oil, add cumin seeds, when it splutters add fennel seeds, cloves and cinnamon.
- Then add onions along with salt and saute until tender.
- Now add turmeric powder, curry leaves and ginger-garlic paste and saute until raw smell disappears.
- When the onion starts browning, add the tomatoes and cook till its all mashed up.
- Now add the chilli powder, coriander powder and garam masala powder and cook for 2 mins.
(If you don't like fennel seeds, cloves and cinnamon coming in your mouth when eating, then, replace them by adding 1 1/2tsp garam masala powder along with other powders.)
- Add the mushrooms, mix well and cook in a low flame with lid closed.
- Let the mushroom cook in its own water, until tender.
- If the curry starts to dry, add 1/4 cup water and cook for another min.
- Switch off and garnish with cilantro.
Serve hot with steamed rice or chapathi.
Spicy n Tasty!