3 cups Cabbage (chopped)
2 cups Carrot (chopped)
1/2 onion (chopped)
3 green chillies (slit)
3 dry red chillies (broken)
1tsp Urad dal
1/2tsp Mustard seeds
1tsp Cumin seeds
1/4tsp Turmeric powder
1/2 tbsp Chilli powder
1 tbsp Coriander powder
1tbsp grated coconut
- Heat oil in a skillet, add mustard seeds, when they crackle add cumin seeds, urad dal, dry red chilli.
- Now add the chopped onions and green chillies and saute along with salt.
- Once onions turns golden brown, add turmeric powder and saute.
- Now add the cabbage and carrots and mix well.
- Add 2 cups of water along with salt and cook them with lid closed. Cook until its tender.
- Now reduce the flame, add chilli powder and coriander powder and cook for few more mins.
- Adjust salt for taste, mix the grated coconut and switch off.
Serve hot with steamed rice.