Today is my 2nd wedding anniversary and I made this Sabudana-Vermicelli payasam.
1 cup Sabudana or Tapioca
1 cup Vermicelli
3 cups Sugar
4-5 Cardamom pods or 1tsp cardamom extract
1/2 tsp Vanilla extract (optional)
12 Cashews (broken)
1 1/2 cups Milk (pasteurized)
5-6 cups water
- Heat a pan, add 1tbsp of ghee and slow roast the vermicelli and keep it aside.
- In the same pan, add 1tbsp ghee and roast the cashews, raisins and cardamom, and keep it aside.
- Now, cook the sabudana with 4 cups of water till the pearls become transparent. (Stir more often when water is reduced, as to prevent sticking at the bottom. More water may require depending on the quality of sabudana.)
- Now add the roasted vermicelli along with remaining water and cook until its soft and dissolves in your mouth.
- Then slowly add the sugar and mix well. You can increase or decrease the amount of sugar for your taste.
- Add the milk, mix well and switch off the flame.
- Now add the roasted cashews, raisins and cardamom. (You can add the cardamom and vanilla extract at this time)
- Mix well and serve the dessert warm or even cold.
Adding sweetness to our taste buds and Life.