6 Brinjals (Indian Eggplant)
1 Russet Potato
1/2 Yellow onion (chopped)
1 tomato (chopped)
2 serrano peppers (slit)
3 garlic pods (chopped)
1 piece ginger (minced)
1tsp cumin seeds
1tbsp coriander powder
1/2tbsp chilli powder
1/4tsp turmeric powder
1/2tbsp cumin powder
2 1/2 cups water
- Wash and cut the brinjal and potato into cubes.
- In a skillet, heat oil, add cumin seeds, when they splutter, add ginger, garlic and green chilli.
- Then add the chopped onions along with salt and saute.
- Add the tomato and cook till its completely mashed.
- Now add all the powders and cook for 2 mins.
- Then add the potatoes, mix well and fry for 2 mins.
- Add the brinjal, mix well and cook along with the water and salt.
- Reduce the flame and cook with lid closed.
- Check and stir once every 5-6 mins and cook till the potatoes soften.
- Finally, garnish with cilantro.
Serve with steamed rice or chapathi.
Yum! Yum! Yum!