Foogath is a term used for a veggie dish cooked with coconut and curry leaves.
2 cups green beans (chopped)
3 green chillies (slit)
1/2tsp mustard seeds
1/2tbsp ginger-garlic paste
5-6 curry leaves
1/2tbsp sambar powder (optional)
1tbsp grated coconut
3/4 cup Water
- In a skillet, heat oil and add mustard seeds, when they crackle, add onion along with salt and saute.
- Add ginger-garlic paste and saute until the raw smell disappears.
- Now add green chillies and curry leaves and fry.
- Add the chopped beans, mix well and fry for a min.
- Now add water along with salt and cook in a low flame with lid closed.
- Add the sambar powder and cook for few more mins until tender.
- Once done, switch off the flame, add the grated coconut and mix well.
Serve with dal(paruppu) rice.
Even if you don't like beans, believe me you will love this dish.