12.8 oz Okra (0.8lb) (sliced)
1/4 Yellow onion (thinly sliced)
3 garlic pods (sliced)
3 dry red chilli
6 curry leaves
1tsp Cumin seeds
1/2tsp mustard seeds
1/2tsp Urad dal
1/4tsp turmeric powder
1tbsp Chilli powder
1 1/2 Coriander powder
- In a skillet, heat oil, add mustard seeds, when it splutters, add urad dal, cumin seeds and dry red chilli.
- Add onions along with salt and saute well.
- Then add curry leaves and garlic saute till you get nice aroma.
- When onions are golden brown, add the okra, mix well and cook.
- When okra turns tender, add salt, turmeric powder, coriander powder and chili powder,mix well and slow roast it.
- Roast till its crispy enough.
- You can switch off the flame and serve or roast further more.(below pic)
Serve hot and crispy as an appetizer or with rice.