1 1/2lb Chicken (bite-size)
1 yellow onion (chopped)
2 tomato (chopped)
1 1/2tbsp ginger-garlic paste
2 serrano peppers or 3 green chilli (chopped)
6-7 Curry leaves
1tsp Black peppercorns
1tsp mustard seeds
1tsp Cumin seeds
1 cinnamon stick
3 green cardamom
1-2 Bay leaf
1/2tsp Turmeric powder
1 1/2tbsp Coriander powder
1/2tbsp Chilli powder
1/2tbsp Cumin powder
- In a wide skillet, heat oil, add mustard seeds,when it splutters, add cumin seeds through bay leaf.
- Add chopped onions and saute until golden brown.
- Now add turmeric powder, ginger-garlic paste, green chillies and curry leaves and cook until raw smell disappears.
- Add chopped tomatoes, coriander powder, cumin powder, chilli powder and cook till its completely mashed.
- Now add the chicken along with salt, mix well and cook with lid closed.
- Check the salt and cook few more mins, with lid closed.
- Now crush the peppercorns and mix with the chicken.
- Switch off and garnish with cilantro.
Serve with steamed rice or naan.