2 Russet Potatoes
1 Onion (diced)
3-4 Green chillies (slit)
3 dry red chillies (broken)
1tsp Cumin seeds
1/2tsp mustard seeds
1tsp Urad dal
1 1/2tsp Gram Flour (Besan)
1/4tsp Turmeric powder
1/2tbsp Chilli powder
- Boil the potatoes, peel the skin and mash it up.
- Mix the gram flour in a cup of water.
- Heat oil in a skillet, add mustard seeds, once they crackle add urad dal, cumin seeds, green chilli and dry red chillies.
- Careful when frying the dry red chillies as they may get burnt in hot oil.
- Now add diced onions and saute along with salt.
- When onion turns golden brown, add turmeric powder and saute.
- Then add chilli powder and mashed potatoes and mix well.
- Pour the gram flour-water mix along with 2 more cups of water and cook in a low flame.
- Cook till you get the right thickness.
- Finally, garnish it with cilantro.
Enjoy it with Poori or Chapathi.