1lb Lady's finger
1/2 Yellow onion (thinly sliced)
1tsp Turmeric powder
1tbsp Black pepper powder
1/2tsp Mustard seeds
- Wash and slant cut the lady's finger into 1 inch pieces.
- Now mix the turmeric powder with the lady's finger and let it sit for 5 mins.
- Heat oil in a skillet, add mustard seeds, when they pop, add onions and cook until tender.
- Then add the lady's finger, mix well and cook for few mins.
- When the onion starts browning, add salt and cook in a low flame with lid closed.
- Stir once in a while, as the ingredients may get burnt.
- Add the pepper powder when there is no more stickiness in lady's finger.
- Check salt for taste and cook for 3 more mins.
- Switch off the flame when the lady's finger starts browning.
Serve hot with steamed rice.