1 cup Pinto beans (soaked overnight)
3 pearl onions
3tbsp grated coconut
1tsp Cumin seeds
1tbsp Sambar powder
- Pressure cook the soaked pinto beans and keep aside.
- Grind the pearl onions, coconut and cumin seeds to a fine paste.
- In a skillet, transfer the cooked pinto beans along with water enough to immerse it.
- Now add oil, salt and ground paste and mix well.
- Then add the sambar powder or kuzhambu milagai powder and mix well.
- Cook the masala and pinto beans with lid closed, until right consistency. (You can also increase the quantity of masala and make it as kuzhambu)
Serve hot with steamed rice or chapathi.