1 1/2 cups Rava (sooji)
4tbsp Yellow onion (chopped)
1 serrano pepper/2 green chilli (slit)
1 piece ginger (minced)
6-7 curry leaves
1/2tsp mustard seeds
1/2tsp Urad dal
2 1/2 cups water
- In a pan, slightly dry roast the rava till you get nice aroma and keep it aside.
- In another skillet, heat oil, add mustard seeds, when they splutter, add urad dal followed by onions and saute.
- Now add the green chilli, curry leaves and ginger and saute well.
- Then pour the water along with required salt and let it boil.
- Now, slowly add the roasted rava and stir continuously preventing any lumps.
- Let it cook in slow flame still stirring, also add the ghee and mix well.
Serve with pickle or hot sauce or sugar(my choice).
A quick dish for breakfast or evening tiffin.