Potatoes and peas, can't be any perfect for your chapathis and rotis. The curry is absolutely spiced up and a slight tanginess from the amchur powder makes you say 'mmm'. You can also add par boiled cauliflower and paneer to the curry. There is nothing more to say except 'you're gonna love it just like i did'. And here goes the recipe,
3 medium Potatoes
1/4 cup Green Peas (frozen, thawed)
2 medium Red Onion (finely chopped)
3 small Tomatoes (finely chopped)
2 Green Chilli (chopped)
1tsp Ginger (minced)
1 1/2tsp Garlic (minced)
5-6 Curry leaves
2tsp Coriander powder
1/2tsp Chilli powder
1/2tsp Garam masala powder
1/4tsp Amchur powder
1/4tsp Turmeric powder
1 pinch Asafoetida
1/2tsp Cumin seeds
1.5-2 cups Water
1tbsp Cilantro (chopped), for garnishing
- Par-boil the potatoes, peel the skin and chop'em into bite size pieces. Keep aside.
- Heat oil in a skillet, add cumin seeds, asafoetida and turmeric powder.
- Then add ginger and garlic and cook until raw smell disappears.
- Add the tomatoes and cook with lid closed until it is completely mashed up.
- Now add the masala powders along with salt and cook for couple of mins.
- Add the par boiled potatoes, pour water and cook with lid closed until they are tender.
- Now add the peas, check salt and cook few more mins until desired consistency is reached.