1 medium Cauliflower
1 cup grated coconut
3 green chillies
3-4 Garlic pods
2 big piece ginger
1tsp Fennel seeds
- Separate the cauliflower florets and wash them in running water.
- Now grind the coconut with chopped tomato, green chillies, garlic, ginger and fennel seeds.
1/2 medium onion
3 dry red chilli
5-6 curry leaves
1/2tsp fennel seeds
1/4tsp Turmeric powder
1tbsp Chili powder
2tbsp Coriander powder
- Heat oil in a skillet, add fennel seeds, red chilli, chopped onion and curry leaves with little salt.
- Saute them till onion turns golden brown, now add turmeric powder.
- Add the ground coconut mixture into the skillet and fry them for a while.
- Also add the chilli powder and coriander powder with 2 cups of water and cook in a low flame.
- Add the cauliflower florets and mix well with the ground masala.
- Cook with lid closed. Check every few mins, as the masala may get burnt if the water evaporates completely.
- Adjust the salt and add more water if required.
- Do not overcook, as the florets may be smashed.So, keep an eye on it.
- Garnish with cilantro.
Can't wait to dig in, can you?