2 medium Potatoes
1 medium onion finely chopped
1 tomato chopped
1tsp mustard seeds
1tsp urad dal
1tsp cumin seeds
1tbsp Chilli powder
1/4tsp Turmeric powder
1tsp pepper powder(optional)
1tsp cumin powder
Salt and Oil
- Cut potatoes into cubes and keep it aside
- Heat oil in a skillet and add mustard seeds. Once it starts crackling, add urad dal and cumin seeds
- Now add chopped onions and salt.
- Once it starts browning, add turmeric powder, curry leaves and saute it for a while.
- Add chopped tomatoes, chilli powder, cumin powder and saute well.
- Now add potatoes and 1/2 cup water with little salt and boil them with lid closed.
- You can also boil the potatoes before hand, but,if you do so, the cubes may break when you add it in pan while cooking.
- With a fork, pierce the potato and check if its cooked. If not add some water and cook for few mins.
- Once the water is completely evaporated, reduce the heat to medium-low and slow roast it.
- Now garnish it with cilantro.
Ready to serve with steamed rice or pulao.