1/2 cup Garbanzo beans/Chickpeas
1 onion diced
2 tomatoes diced
1/2 grated Coconut
1tbsp ginger-garlic paste
1tsp Fennel seeds
1 Cinnamon stick
1tbsp Chilli powder
1 1/2tbsp Coriander powder
- Soak the chickpeas overnight in a bowl with 4 cups of water. They become soft and doubles in size.
- Pressure cook the chickpeas with enough water along with salt.
- In a skillet, heat oil and add onions and saute until it turns golden brown.
- Now add diced tomatoes and cook till it gets mashed up.
- Let it cool and grind it with the coconut and make a fine paste.
- Heat oil in a skillet, add fennel seeds, cinnamon and ginger-garlic paste. Cook till the raw smell disappears.
- Now add the ground mixture and cook well along with a 1 1/2 cups water and salt.
- Add chilli powder and coriander powder and cook. Make sure there is sufficient water, as the masala may get burnt at the bottom.
- Once the raw coconut smell disappears, add the cooked chick peas and cook for further 2 mins.
- Adjust the salt for taste and garnish it with cilantro.
Yum! Yum! Yum!
Sending this recipe to the event "Cooking with Whole Food - Legumes & Beans (CWF - LB)" by Nithu Bala. Also check