1 1/2 cups Basmati Rice
227g/8oz Button Mushroom sliced
1 medium Onion thinly sliced
1 tomato chopped
2-3 green chilli finely chopped
1/2 green bell pepper (Optional)
1 tbsp ginger-garlic paste
1/2 cup cilantro
1/2 cup mint leaves
1tsp Fennel seeds
2 Green Cardamom
1 Black Cardamom
1 Cinnamon stick
1 Bay leaf
1 Anistar whole (optional)
2tsp Chilli powder
2tsp Cumin powder
2tbsp Ghee (clarified butter)
- Soak the rice for 20-25 mins. Then drain the water and keep aside.
- Heat a skillet, add 1tbsp ghee and 1tbsp oil.
- Now, add sliced onions with salt and saute until it turns golden brown.
- Add ginger-garlic paste and cook till the raw smell disappears.
- Add green chillies and green bell pepper and saute well.
- Add chopped tomatoes, chilli powder, cumin powder and cook.
- Add sliced mushrooms with salt and cook for a while.
- Now, add cilantro and mint leaves and cook for few more mins.
- Heat the pressure cooker, add remaining ghee and oil.
- Now add all the spices.Then, add the drained rice and fry till it gets mixed with spices and ghee.
- Shift the mushroom masala into the cooker and mix well.
- Add 1 1/2 cups water and cook. Switch off after 1 whistle.
- Preheat the oven at 350 degree.
- Transfer the rice in a oven-safe bowl, wrap it with foil and bake for 30 mins.
Serve with Raita.
1/2 Onion thinly sliced
2 green chilli chopped
1/2tsp ginger minced
1 cup plain yogurt
- In a bowl mix everything and garnish with Cilantro.