1lb Tindora cut lengthwise
1tsp mustard seeds
1tsp Cumin seeds
1tbsp Urad dal
1tbsp Chana dal
3 Dry Red Chili broken
5-6 Curry leaves
Pinch of Asafoetida(Hing)
1tbsp Chilli powder
1/4tsp Turmeric powder
- Heat the oil, deep fry the Tindora and keep it aside on a paper napkin to absorb excess oil.
- In a skillet heat 2tbsp of oil, add mustard seeds,once it crackles, add cumin seeds.
- Now add dry red chilli, asafoetida, chana dal and saute.
- When Chana dal turns little brown, add urad dal and curry leaves.
- Then add turmeric powder and chilli powder and saute.
- Now add fried tindora along with salt in the skillet and toss it well.
- Saute for 5 mins. At this time you can switch off, garnish with cilantro and serve.
- If you like your tindora crispier like me, reduce the flame and slow roast it.
Look at that delicious tindora fry.