1 cup Basmati Rice
1 3/4 cups Water
1tsp Cumin seeds1 black Cardamom
1 Cinnamon stick (1")
3 small Cloves
2 small Bay leaves
- Soak the rice for 30 mins, drain the water and keep aside.
- Heat oil in a pan, add cumin seeds, when it sputters, add cardamom through mace.
- Now add the soaked rice and fry for a min.
- Pour the water along with salt and cook in medium heat until it comes to a boil.
- Then reduce the flame, close the lid and cook until fluffy.
Switch off and keep it warm.
1 cup Carrot (chopped)
1 cup Green Bell pepper (chopped)
1/2 cup Green Beans (chopped)
1/2 cup Soya chunks (washed & boiled)
1 1/2tsp minced Ginger
3 green chilli (slit)
1tsp Cumin seeds
1/2tsp Garam masala powder
- Heat oil in a skillet, add cumin seeds, followed by carrot and beans.
- Saute for 3-4 mins, then add bell pepper, green chilli and ginger, also soya chunks.
- Saute for a min, add salt and then cook with lid closed for 8 mins or until the vegetables are tender.
- Finally add the garam masala powder and saute for another min.
- Reduce to low flame, then toss the cooked rice gently with the vegetables, mixing well.
- Switch off and garnish with cilantro.
Serve hot with onion raita or potato chips.
Also, sending this to the event 'Celebrating Independence Day' hosted by Akila. I chose this dish as it includes colors just like our Flag.